Block-II: Sindh Engro Coal Mining Company (SECMC)
(GoS 54.7% ; Engro 11.9%; Thal 11.9% ; HUBCO 8.0%; HBL 9.5%; CMEC 4.0%)
Open-pit Coal Mining of 3.8 mtpa upto 7.6 mtpa
2 x 330 MW Power Plants – Operational
1 x 330 Power Plant by Thar energy Ltd – FC expected very soon
1 x 300 Power Plant by Thal Nova – FC expected very soon
- Financial Close Stage Tariff & Contract Stage Coal Tariff approved by TCEB for 3.8 mtpa and 7.6 mtpa mine respectively.
- COD Stage Tariff Petition is submitted by SECMC, which is under process
- June 10, 2018 first coal seam exploited by SECMC at a depth of 140 meters below the surface
- First power unit synchronized with national Grid on 18th March 2019 and supplying 660 MW since then
- SECMC declared COD on 10th July, 2019.
- Mine expansion plan up to 15.8 mtpa is under process
- Financial Close of Phase II mine of 7.6 Mtpa has been achieved on 31st December, 2019.